In my search for the most perfect toddler bed I find this.
Newest addition to the play room is IKEA LATT table and chairs (it comes with only 2 chairs so I purchased two sets in order to get 4 chairs).
It was looking a bit boring so this is how I spiced it up with some red paint. I also sanded the edges off to make it look vintage. I have covered the seat/table top with wrapping paper plus clear contact paper for an easy clean up, this is kids’ station after all.
Stain on my #Minnetonka #boots was driving me crazy and I was ready to say good bye to them. It really looked bad in person, worse than this before photo. Now, look at that after photo! All it took was two minutes on #Pinterest and few strokes of a nail filer later I got my boots back! #shoes #diy #cleaning
I know you can’t really tell but trust me when I say my spray painted lamps with a #diy burlap shades are absolutely amazing. New night stand lamps, found in my basement. Always shop your house first for things you need and think outside of box. Think about all #diy possibilities! And remember (unlike myself) to take before photos. (Taken with Instagram)
$12 office chair #makeover. Probably this is the best #diy project I have done in our #home so far. (Taken with Instagram)
Doing this TODAY.
Prettiest room in our house belongs to her.
There are so many other little/big things! Please ask if you are interested in something I did not list.
Photo by Thai Luong.
Before & After
by Honey & Fitz
There are no words to describe my dislike for the papasan chair. And I actually have one.
If you have ever been in our house you are probably thinking how you have never seen it at our place.
Well, that’s because it is hidden in one of the unused rooms.
I am determined to change that!
While back I saw a cool idea how to update one of these bad boys and it got me thinking! What could I do fun with it so that I can actually use this chair?
Picture above is all I found so far. Please share your ideas! I am lost.
like love am addicted to spray painting, here are some wonderful tips I learned from Young House Love:
- Skip the cheap $2 stuff in favor of the $6-7 quality stuff (I like Rustoleum’s trigger spray nozzle because it goes on thin and even – and doesn’t get all over your fingers).
- Always keep the can moving. If you’re a-sprayin’ your arm better be a-swayin’.
- Keep the nozzle about 8-10″ away from whatever you’re spray painting.
- You really want a mist, not a heavy wet coating.
- Three thin and even coats are better than one thick and drippy one.
- Spray paint has yet to go no-VOC, so apply it outside with a mask, and let it fully cure as long as the can recommends outside whenever you can (usually 24 hours, we try to double that just to be even safer).
- You can “seal” any spray paint (to limit off-gassing once you bring it inside) by applying two thin coats of Safecoat Acrylacq, which is low-VOC and non-toxic.
Impressive potential DIY project, don’t you think so? I need to start ordering these pointy things in bulk online. There are too many things I want to use them for!
If I only had the time for all these fun projects. Maybe you do, so here you go. Enjoy!
P.S. Miss Marina, once again you impress lady! I really hope on my next trip to Belgrade I get to meet you for coffee.
I have three words for you
and if you already do not read that blog daily you must be living under the rock somewhere.
So simple, I mean their projects are not simple but they make sure to analyze everything to the point where anyone could do what they have done.
Just look at this doll house, part 1 & part 2. AMAZING! This is on our list, it is a must have for the Alien. My parents built a doll house for me when I was little and to this day it has been one of my favorite memories as a little girl.
DIY doll houses FTW!